Friday, December 21, 2007

Chiasmus Competition

So in my AP LAng class (short for Advanced Placement Language), we had a chiasmus competition.

Now, I'd like you all to observe this interesting phenomenon.

The theme was winter holidays. It was assumed that anything that did not fit the theme was kicked out.

So, I create three chiasmusi. "There is one Harish in our class, but no class in our Harish."

For those of you who don't know, Harish is a person. In my class.

Then I came up with this one. And another one, but I don't like that one so much. "Use wrapping paper on your gifts, but don't gift your wrapping paper."

Now, which one do you think would make it farther?

Apparently it was the mean and hurtful one. Even though it didn't even fit the theme.

So really people. Do we love hurting people that much?

Also, if you haven't figured out what chiasmus is yet, there's a website. www.chiasmus.com

No comments: