Saturday, April 26, 2008

Facebook; Massive Servers Powering It

So we've all been exposed to the wonder that is Facebook.

But who thinks about what powers Facebook? It takes a whole lot of computer to keep it running, this article says.

Man, it always impresses me to think about the sheer scale of things. Heck, even a terabyte impresses upon me. No matter how hard I've tried or how much stuff I've made, I still don't think I've ever used up a terabyte of data.

Maybe if you took just the originals of my comedy show, but still, even then, not nearly as much as you'd expect it.

But just think, someday they'll unveil the next one higher for sale. And that will be one heck of a day.

So thank you Facebook, with all your servers humming and purring. Thank you for the time on Facebook and for my awe of your scale.

No comments: