Sunday, June 21, 2009

Is "Vector" a Scam?

So after I returned from my Idaho vacation, I received a week's mail all at once. A lot of it was the usual stuff I expected, but there was one weird thing; a letter from "Vector."



Make that two; the second letter didn't "Vector" stamped on the outside, but it had the same offer on the inside.

Well, mostly the same offer. The two letters different slightly in content, and one had random bolding.

So I looked on Google to see if this was actually a real company.



According to this entirely reputable sounding website, it was indeed a real job offer. Time to check Wikipedia.

For the most part, Vector Marketing's Wikipedia Page goes pretty smoothly. But I was alarmed when I saw,

Some former employees have accused Vector Marketing of unsavory business practices[7] and it has even been referred to as a "scam."[8]


What's this? The eery job that I got two letters from could possibly be a scam? Do tell!



This led me to a blogspot blog called "Humanity Blues" and a blog post called "Taking on the Vector Marketing Scam." It's pretty convincing.

Anyways, while I don't entirely know if this is a scam or not, I definitely know I will not be taking this job with "Vector."

As one last little bit;



On the poor anti-Vector Marketing guy's blog, there was a Google Ad for "Cutco Knives," the company that supplies Vector Marketing. Truly irony knows no bounds.

2 comments:

Humanity Blues said...

HA! Funny that an ad for Vector comes up. I don't make any money from those Ads anyways. I might as well just take down the ads entirely now.

Unknown said...

This is a scam. Today my sister got a letter from vector too. But we already know that vector is a scam. They use it to lure people into a human trafikking get situation. They drug people and it's nothing to believe