Wednesday, May 5, 2010

At least it's been less than a year this time...

It's hard to go back. When you quit something, it's not accidental.

But when you come back, it's twice as purposeful.

My friend just posted “I'm the most viral person you know” as his Facebook status. And you know what? He's probably right. But it bothers me nonetheless. There was a time, not terribly far away, when I was the most viral person I knew. I'm somewhat certain I got into websites and blogging because I wanted to be internet famous. I've since passed up on that fruitless goal, but that doesn't mean my inner competitive spirit has dulled.

Did I say my friend posted a status update? Well, we were friends, until the dreaded awkward event that degraded us to friendship limbo. I would have been jealous even if he was my friend, doubly so now.

Yes, there was a time when I had 20 or so visitors a day come to my blog. It's since decayed, thanks for asking. I posted more than my fair share of videos to Youtube, and surprisingly got views to them too. Heck, some kids at my school found them and enjoyed them. The catch is, all of that's pretty smalltime. Not to mention it's pennies down the drain now.

So that's why I'm posting this new post; a feeble and desperate attempt to fight back.

Hey, I've read plenty of people's stories on the internet. Giving one back is just fair game.

No comments: