Wednesday, April 18, 2007

So, I decided to chronicle my adventures in Football Manager 2007 as the manager, “Terrible Edward.”. I've been playing for some time, so let's first catch up.

I started in the beginning of the 2007 [in game] season for Kelmis, one of the few teams to hire me based on my nonexistant credentials. They were a team struggling against telefation, and we did. We fought it off the first year. I didn't have much in the way of budget, but they did have some good players. The next year, we didn't do so well. I thought we could pull off winning, but I went on vacation near the end of the season and was surprised to find our team relegated and myself out of a job. So I reapplied. I found myself with C.D. Toledo, a newly promoted (into the lowest possible league) Spanish team. I had some money to spend, but it wasn't really a sizeable sum. They did horribly, and near the end I did everything I could to escape the wreck.

The next team I signed up with was a newly promoted team (in Conference North/South). These newly promoted teams sure do like me, no? Since they were rich, I had quite some fun finding good people to hire. I even had to hire staff! I find myself near the middle of the year and at the bottom of the league (or close to it). Personally, I think I'm cursed somehow. Well, check back later to see how it all works out.

No comments: