Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Facebook Unveils Site Redesign... And it Doesn't Work With IE6... Or IE7

So I tried upgrading to the new Facebook, thinking it would be cooler and all.

Then I get this error message;


Apparently Facebook's new site doesn't work with IE6. However, they reassure me IE6 compatibility will be made "soon."

But wait! It gets better!

So I click on the Internet Explorer upgrade link, and it takes me to this page;

"you are using Internet Explorer 7"

Apparently Facebook has more problems than it thought or Microsoft's website is lying to me.

EDIT: It seems that NEW Facebook has finally started working on Internet Explorer 7. No word yet on if it works for IE6 or not.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm in the exact same boat you are. All my friends aren't having this problem. What makes us so special & how do we fix it or who do we contact?

Connor Smith said...

Actually, just a short time ago I logged onto NEW Facebook with Internet Explorer 7. I'm pretty sure this means it's working like it should now.

If there's possibly a lesson to be had from this, it's that I'm going to let my other friends jump down the rabbit hole first.

Anonymous said...

People shouldn't be using IE in the first place...