Thursday, April 30, 2009

Capital Letters doesn't mean Shouting for Me.

Whenever I stick in the odd ALL CAPS letters in my sentences, I'm not shouting. I am merely adding "copious emphasis" to certain words in my sentence. Perhaps for humor. OR MAYBE I JUST LIKE TYPING LIKE THIS.

One of my friends suggested that I am adding copious emphasis on something by shouting. NO! (<- Actual shouting) If I was YELLING something, would that be COPIOUS?

However, all caps followed by an exclamation mark is shouting. Or normal text followed by an exclamation mark is shouting. Heck, anything followed by an exclamation mark it shouting.

In addition, I just looked up "copious" in the dictionary, and it doesn't mean what I thought it meant. The simple English solution would be to replace copious with questionable. The Connor English solution would be to replace copious with dubious.

No comments: