Thursday, May 10, 2007

So, more about my foray into Scotland. So I joined a team that was looking to fail. And fail they did. I just simulated the season, but it didn't look too good for them that year. But there was one good side to all of this; they didn't get relegated. It was awesome. Normally joining a club halfway through would be certain relegation, but these people were at the bottom of the food chain. So, when the season started, the pundits figured we focused too much on offense. This inspired me to make one of the most impacting changes to the team. I bought a few good defenders. Apparently this was enough to turbo boost my team into first place in devision three Scotland. Seeing as how they were 10th (absolute bottom) last year and their expect position was another 10, this is big stuff. I even had some of the best games ever. I had this one game that was 3-0, our favor. A game or two later, I had a 4-0. Two games later it was a 5-0. It was impressive. Of course, I ran into some trouble. Apparently our two best strikers wanted new contracts, so I gave them some. I think that demoralized the team, because they're playing like crap. I mean, it's okay because they're at the top, but still. We can't get promoted if we don't keep on winning. Those other teams are catching up. Also, we aren't doing so well in cup games. But it's not like we were going to win anything significant, so that's okay.

Well, that's that, with more to follow.

No comments: