Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Announcement of Current Events Days

So I will be adding a new feature to my blog.

For one of my classes, possibly social studies related, I will have to submit a current event.

Yes, this does sound like just my normal news. However, it is not.

For you see, the style I do my version of the news in is very vague, conversationalist, and mostly opinion based. But for the current events, I have to follow a style. More on that later. But the upshot is, I'm going to do the news in a more professional style.

That style is, First paragraph; who, what, when, where, why, and how
Second paragraph; two sides to the story and or the significance of it.
Third paragraph; this is where my opinions will be.

So every once in a while a "current event day" will be declared. On that day, I will make multiple reports, based off of that style of writing. I'll choose the best on and turn that in to my class, while the others and the chosen one will stay on the blog forever, waiting to be read.

However, do not think that this will replace my normal news covering. Those will return after the current event day. In fact, because the current event forces me to open up my news aggregator, it might even result in more news in my "signature" style.

Also, a little side note, the labels for the current event days will be a little funky; they will all start with "z." This is so I can keep them separated from all my other, more important labels.

No comments: