Sunday, September 2, 2007

A Limit to Human Sociability

Did I ever tell you about the Monkeysphere? It's essentially the limit on the number of people you can care about.

As in, there are your friends. Then there are your closer acquaintances. Then there might be people you vaguely remember. But the rest of the world is just a large unknown.

If this sounds interesting to you, I recommend you read the Monkeysphere Article.

And even if it doesn't sound that interesting to you, I suggest you read it anyways. If not because you will find it interesting, then because it will help you learn something about yourself as a human.

And, if you're really into this Monkeysphere business, I've found another article based on the same concept. It's from my favorite online magazine, The Escapist.

No comments: