Wednesday, September 5, 2007

What's That Weird Color on my Wikipedia?

What's that weird color on my wikipedia?

Well, it's none other than a fact checking program. It's there to figure out the trustworthiness of various statements. The darker the color, the more untrustworthy the statement.

So yeah, if you haven't already checked out wikipedia, then you really should go.

Personally, I'd give you a link to my wikipedia article right about now, but I don't have one. (hint hint)

But yeah, don't get the impression that the fact checking program actually checks facts. No, it asseses that based on people's reputations, how many times its edited, and possibly something else.

Heck, there's chance the phases of the moon might affect it. A very small, almost nonexistent chance, though.

Of course, since this system has flaws, teachers probably won't let you use wikipedia for projects.

Then again, ANYONE CAN WRITE A BOOK!

Article

No comments: